SCAM-LCAF – SC/APC to LC/UPC Hybrid Adapter without Flange, SX SM Fiber Optic Coupler
SC/APC to LC/APC SX SM Coupler
SC/APC to LC/APC Hybrid Adapter without Flange, Simplex Singlemode 9/125 Male to Female Fiber Optic Coupler
This SC/APC male to LC/APC female Singlemode 9/125 Fiber Optic Hybrid Adapter, is a mating sleeve that is designed for connecting and converting a jack with a 2.5mm hole SC male connector to a plug with a 1.25 hole LC male connector, or vice versa.
SC/APC to LC/UPC Hybrid Adapter Singlemode Simplex Fiber Optic Coupler Female to Female has a low 0.2dB insertion loss. The combination of a zirconia ceramic alignment sleeves and a precision metal housing provides consistent long-term mechanical and optical performance.
Fiber optic adapter, sometimes also called coupler, is a small device designed to terminate or link the fiber optic cables or fiber optic connectors between two fiber optic lines. By linking two connectors precisely, fiber optic adapters allow the light sources to be transmitted at most and lower the loss as much as possible. At the same time, fiber optic adapters have the merits of low insertion loss, good interchangeability and reproducibility. it is widely applied in cable television network, LAN & WAN, fiber optic access network and video transmission.
Simply plug to the 2.5mm slot (jack) to convert it to a 1.25 slot (jack).
As the popularity of the LC connector grows, so does the need to adapt fiber test equipment to it. If you have fiber test equipment that is not compatible with LC, this hybrid adapter is your answer. On one end is an SC plug, and on the other an LC jack. This is an inexpensive way to convert an SC slot from a Visual Fault Locator, Optical Power Meter, OTDR, and other test equipment to a LC slot.
● SC/APC-LC/APC, 2.5mm to 1.25 hybrid adapter, polished type
● Used with Simplex Singlemode connectors
● Mounting Type: No Flange
● Footprint: SC Simplex / LC Duplex
● 2pcs Protective Design Dust Caps: Prevents the adapter from dust and keeps it clean
● Color Coded for Rapid Fiber Management
● Body Style: Simplex
● Fast and easy connection
● Lightweight and durable plastic housing
● Low insertion loss with high-precision alignment
● High reliability and durability
● High precision mechanical dimensions
● Materials compliant to RoHS
● Connector One: SC Plug
● Connector Two: LC Jack
● 1310nm Insertion Loss: ≤ 0.2dB
● 1550nm Insertion Loss: ≤ 0.2dB
● Interchangeability: ≤ 0.2dB
● Repeatability: ≤ 0.2dB
● Return Loss: > 60dB
● Mechanical Durability: ≥ 1000 mating cycles
● Receptacle Retention force : 1N~2.5N
● The alignment sleeves are made of zirconia ceramic
● Ferrule material: ceramic
● Operation temperature: -25~+70°C
● Storage temperature: -40~+85°C
It is used to convert a female connector, from SC (Square Connector) APC (Angled Physical Contact) to a LC (Lucent Connector) APC (Angled Physical Contact). The adapter is a part of an optical path, it guarantees stability of transmission parameters, and has a high quality ceramic ferrule that is polished at an 8-degree angle for APC, which assures a higher return loss.
SC and LC connectors are mostly used in telecommunication. They are also used in active equipment such as video converters and media. It ensures easy, quick connection and it is resistant for connection defects. The shape of connector assures easy and stable assembly. Beside usage in telecommunication, SC and LC connectors are also used in LAN, WAN and CATV networks, measuring techniques and on the railway.
● Telecommunication Networks
● Local Area Networks (LANs)
● Communication System
● Premise Installations
● Wide Area Networks (WANs)
● Network monitoring points
● Connections between patch cords, patch panels
● FTTX, ODF (optical distribution frame)
● Connections Between Devices
● Data centers
● Gigabit ethernet
● Video Transmission
● Active device/Transceiver interface
● Metro networks
● Industrial and military
● Mounting on to distribution boxes or wall sockets