SRM524 – 5 cable dSCR system, Cascadable multiswitch, 2 outputs
Digital dSCR cascadable wideband single cable multiswitch 290-2350 MHz, Terr.47-862MHz, active DTT path with AGC, 2x (1 pair) outputs, powering from H/V lines
Cascadable single cable multiswitches for the distribution of SAT IF and DTT signals over one cable to up to 32 receivers per pai outputs
SRM524 – programmable 5 cable cascadable multiswitch with active terrestrial TV path and dedicated DC entry port.
The programmable SRM524 multiswitch has one pair of Legacy /dSCR + DTT outputs. The outputs allow in dSCR mode for independent operation of up to 32 SAT dSCR receivers/STBs, fed in via two coaxial cables (16+16, default configuration) or via one coaxial cable (32 from one output in Unicable II standard, after reprogramming with the PC102W programmer) and through a distribution network based on typical passive satellite taps and splitters operating in the 5-2400 MHz frequency range. In Legacy mode, each of the outputs can be used as typical SAT output (like in Universal LNBs or standard legacy multiswitches) for connecting a legacy SAT TV receiver.
Implemented in compact die-cast housing the multiswitch supports legacy mode, dynamic SCR mode regarding EN50494, dynamic dSCR mode regarding EN50607 and could be configurated for operation in static mode with up to 32 carriers.
The DC IN connector allows for powering the Terra SRM524 multiswitch from the PS202F 20 VDC power supply. The DC switches enable using the H/V lines for transmitting the 20 VDC supply voltage.
• Active DTT path with AGC, two dSCR outputs
• Built-in LNB switch for selecting wideband or quattro LNB
• One pair of dSCR/Legacy tap outputs
• Configurable with programmer PC102W
• Dedicated control/configuration port, the DISEqC control connector allowing for connecting PC102W programmer and simultaneous configuration of all outputs
• AGC system ensures stable 84 dBμV output level in the SAT path and 82 dBμV level in the terrestrial path
• Possibility of using receivers supporting EN50607 and EN50494 standards in the same subsystem (8 x EN50494 + 24 x EN50607)
• Control according legacy/EN 50494/EN 50607
• dSCR/Legacy mode automatic selection
• DC input for external power supply
• Current pass to H trunk lines, switchable
• Powering from H/V lines
• Power supply diagnostics by means of LEDs located on the device housing
• Robust die-cast housing
─ RF inputs/outputs – type F
─ DC input – type F
• SAT IF: 290-2350 MHz
• Terr. TV: 47-862 MHz
Number of trunk inputs & outputs:
• SAT IF: 4
• Terr. TV: 1
Number of tap outputs: 2 (1 pair)
Return loss / impedance: > 10 dB / 75 Ω
Input level per channel:
• SAT IF: 60-105 dBμV
• Terr. TV: 55-85 dBμV (8 DTT channels)
Terr. TV noise figure: <8 dB
dSCR output with combined DTT:
• User bands: configurable 32 max. per pair outputs
• User band bandwidth: configurable 20-60 MHz
• Output level, AGC controlled: 84 dBμV
• Terr. TV loss, typical: 11 dB
Legacy output at legacy mode with combined DTT:
• Output level AGC controlled: – / 78 dBμV (active at quattro LNB IF mode)
• Terr. TV loss, typical: 11 dB
Trunk output loss:
• SAT IF: < 4 dB
• Terr. TV: < 4 dB
Tap output with combined DTT:
• user bands (dSCR mode): 32 max. per pair outputs, configurable
• user bands bandwidth (dSCR mode): 20-60 MHz, adjustable
• dSCR mode output level, AGC controlled: 84 dBμV, adjustable
• legacy mode output level, typical: 78 dBμV
• DTT output level, AGC controlled: 82 dBμV max. (8 DTT channels), adjustable
• SAT IF inputs/SAT IF inputs: > 30 dB
• SAT IF inputs/Tap outputs: > 30 dB
• SAT IF/ Terr. TV: > 25 dB
DC pass through trunk lines:
• SAT IF: 3.2 A max., 1.6 A max. through one line
• Terr. TV: 200 mA max.
• from DC inputs (without external DC feeding), H/V trunk lines: 20 V 290 mA max.
• from STB: 18 V 20 mA max.
Current pass from DC input to each H trunk line, switchable: 20 V 1.6 A max.
Operating temperature range: -20o ÷ + 50o C
Dimensions/Weight (packed): 134x135x30 mm/0.42 kg
The single-cable cascadable SRM524 multiswitch allows for distribution of DVB-S/S2 signals from one satellite (or, using wideband LNBs, from two satellites) and terrestrial signals (DVB-T, DAB/FM radio). The satellite signals can be distributed by means of dSCR technology (digital Satellite Cable Router), requiring only one coaxial line and satellite splitters to provide the signals to compatible SAT receivers, along with terrestrial signals that can be received by standard televisions and radios. The cascadable SRM524 multiswitch fully supports receivers operating in two dynamic modes: SCR (Unicable I – 8 User Bans) and dSCR (Unicable II – 32 User Bands).
The SRM524 multiswitch has 5 inputs (four polarization/band pairs (VL–HL–VH–HH) plus active terrestrial path (DTT) and two outputs: dSCR (each allowing for independent operation of up to 16 SAT dSCR receivers/STBs fed via one coaxial cable – EN50607 standard) or operating as Legacy (typical SAT output like in Universal LNBs or standard legacy multiswitches for connecting a legacy SAT TV receiver).
The built-in Automatic Gain Control (AGC) appropriately adjusts the multiswitch gain to ensure preset, constant output signal levels.
By default, all outputs of the SRM524 multiswitch are configured as Legacy (controlled by 14/18 V and 0/22 kHz commands from SAT receivers). Any output switches to Unicable dynamic mode after receiving DiSEqC command compliant with EN50494/EN50607 standard. This means that each individual output can feed via a single coaxial cable and 5-2400 MHz satellite splitters up to 16 receivers (EN50607).
The device can operate in two modes:
• DYNAMIC – fixed output frequencies (User Bands) allocated for individual dSCR/Unicable receivers (distribution via single coaxial cable to up to 8 (EN50494 – UNICABLE I) or 32 (EN50607 – UNICABLE II) receivers)
• STATIC – fixed input and output frequencies, IF/IF conversion allowing for distribution of signals from 32 satellite transponders to an unlimited number of receivers (the practical limit results only from the attenuation of the passive distribution network)
The programming of dSCR multiswitches is performed by the dedicated PC102W programmer.
The die-cast housing provides high screening efficiency by preventing the penetration of interfering signals to the unit.
The multiswitch should be powered from an external power supply, e.g. PS202F (20 VDC, 2 A).